Our founding partner, Attorney Lynn Poster-Zimmerman, has more than 30 years of experience in the field of family and matrimonial law. She first graduated from the State of University of New York at Binghamton in 1978 with her Bachelor of Science. From there, she went on to Hofstra University School of Law where she received her Juris Doctor in 1983. Just one year later, she was admitted to the New York State Bar and has since also been admitted to the U.S. District Court, Eastern District, and Southern District.
Attorney Poster-Zimmerman has achieved numerous accolades throughout her career. She has served in different positions in various bar associations, including president of the Suffolk County Women's Bar Association and Huntington Lawyers' Club. She was the president of the Huntington Lawyer's Club from 2002-2003, and she has also served as their vice-president, corresponding secretary, treasurer, and trustee.
Her passion for advocacy is also palpable outside the courtroom. Attorney Poster-Zimmerman currently acts as the Managing Director of the Suffolk County Bar Association Charity Foundation. She has served as Secretary, Treasurer, and Vice-President of the Suffolk County Bar Association and will continue onto the path of President within the next couple of years. She has served on the board of North Suffolk Mental Health Services (now known as Pederson-Krag Center), which provides mental health and chemical dependence services. Previously, she was the chair of Suffolk County Bar Association Task Force on Mandated Indigent Defense Services and chaired the Suffolk County Bar Association Task Force on Rules for Attorneys representing children.
With her extensive legal knowledge and desire to help those during times of need and family crisis, she provides unparalleled service and dedication to each and every client that passes through our firm's doors.
- State University of New York, at Binghamton, Bachelor of Science, 1978
- Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York; Juris Doctor, 1983
- New York State, Second Department, 1984
- United States District Court, Eastern District and Southern District
- President Elect, Executive Committee Suffolk County Bar Association (2017 - 2018)
- Curriculum Chair of the Suffolk County Family Court Improvement Project
- Former Managing Director, Suffolk County Bar Association Pro Bono Foundation
- Former Managing Director, Suffolk County Bar Association Charity Foundation
- Attorney Liaison, Suffolk County Attorney for Children Advisory Committee
- Treasurer, Executive Committee Suffolk County Bar Association (2015 - 2016)
- Secretary, Executive Committee Suffolk County Bar Association (2014 - 2015)
- Former Judicial Screening Committee Director, Suffolk County Bar Association
- Advisor, Suffolk County Bar Association Academy of Law
- Attorney for the Child, Suffolk County Family and Supreme Court
- Chair, Suffolk County Task Force for revision of Rules for Attorneys for Children
- Chair, Suffolk County Bar Association Task Force on Mandated Indigent Defense Services
- President, Suffolk County Women's Bar Association (2003-2004)
- President, Huntington Lawyer's Club (2002 - 2003)
- Former Vice-President, Huntington Business and Professional Women's Club
- Former Board of Directors, North Suffolk Mental Health Center (now Pederson-Krag), Smithtown, New York